Recipe: Tasty Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup. Adding pork seems like a natural choice for leeks because it has a lot of fat, and fat translates to flavor. When we cook this recipe, we remove a lot of fat but add in any large fat pieces Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat bottom. Once hot, add in diced leeks, onion, and garlic.
Once all of those are in the pot and browning up, it's time for a little brown sugar and shot of vinegar. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Leeks left out in the cold all winter become sweeter and more tender when eaten in the spring—like in this hearty French-style leek onion soup. You can cook Pork, Leek And Onion Soup using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork, Leek And Onion Soup
- You need of soup.
- It’s 8 oz of boneless pork, diced into small cubes.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- You need 1/2 of white onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt, divided.
- It’s 6 of grinds of fresh black pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of baby kale.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare of soy sauce to add to finished servings.
- You need 7 of .1 ounce bag of udon noodles.
- It’s pinch of fennel seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
But I was able to salvage enough of my crop to make a hearty little pot of leek and onion soup before (I hope, I hope, I hope) the cold weather is gone for. All Reviews for Onion Soup Pork Chops. Onion Soup Pork Chops. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Potato, leek and onion soup recipe, easy to make and freeze.
Pork, Leek And Onion Soup step by step
- Pull outer leaves off of leek. Cut off top green part, root end and slice thin..
- In a large bowl of cold water, place sliced leeks, breaking apart rings. Soak for 10 minutes then stir to help remove dirt. Using a strainer, scoop out leeks trying not to disturb water much leaving dirt and sediment at bottom pf bowl..
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Add sliced onions , sprinkle a touch of salt over onions and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add in garlic and cook another minute..
- Using a bit more of the salt and all of the pepper, season pork cubes before adding to pot with onions..
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until pork shows no pink color..
- Add in sesame oil and fennel seed..
- Turn heat up to medium high and add in white wine..
- Cook for 4 minutes to cook out alcohol content..
- Now add in broth, leeks and kale. Lower heat back to medium. Taste now for salt content. Add a pinch extra if needed until desired taste..
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Uncover, turn off heat and add udon noodles. Let sit 2 minutes. Stir and serve..
- You may add a splash or two of soy sauce to each serving..
- Recipe.by taylor68too..
Leek and potato soup can be served hot or cold, also called Vichyssoise. Add all ingredients and. serving to thicken your soup slightly. If is should get a little to thick, just add slight amount of Wash leeks and cut crosswise, just the. add leeks or onions. The Onion Leek Soup recipe out of our category Vegetable Soup! Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and leeks.