How to Prepare Tasty Tomato Vegetable Soup
Tomato Vegetable Soup.
You can have Tomato Vegetable Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Vegetable Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 2 small of onions, finely minced.
- You need 1 large of red bell pepper, finely minced.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 can of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 stick of celery, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 stick of fennel, sliced thin.
- It’s 6 small of carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 1 can of 14oz. artichoke hearts, quartered.
- It’s 2 cup of baby kale.
- You need 1 cup of freekeh.
Tomato Vegetable Soup instructions
- In an 8qt stock pot, toss in the oil, turn it to low, and, when up to temp, add in the onions..
- Let it simmer a few minutes until the onions have reduced a little, and then add in the red pepper, garlic, and salt..
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper only after the mixture of veggies has softened and reduced a bit. Onions should be translucent..
- Let the flavors marry a few minutes, and then add the tomatoes..
- Turn the heat up to high, stir thoroughly, and bring the tomatoes to a decent boil..
- After a few minutes, the tomatoes should be soft, so turn it back to low and mash the tomatoes to oblivion with one of those masher mauler potato masher tools..
- Bring it to medium heat, stir in the celery, fennel, carrots, and artichokes, and let it all marry a little..
- Now stir in the baby kale and freekeh, reduce to low heat, and the soup is cooked when the kale has given up the ghost and the freekeh is soft like cooked barley. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve..