How to Make Delicious lighter zuppa toscana soup
lighter zuppa toscana soup. Okay, so there really isn't enough good things that I can say about this soup. I actually made my first attempt at this soup a few years ago. Long before I originally posted it here.
Pour the chicken broth into the Dutch oven with the bacon and onion mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. If you are like me and live in the middle of nowhere or would rather just enjoy this delicious soup at home this is your lucky day! I recreated the Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe, plus I made it for your Crock Pot so you can come home to this soup after a long day at work, put your feet up and enjoy a big bowl of it because if you are like me some nights the last thing you want to do after work is. You can have lighter zuppa toscana soup using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of lighter zuppa toscana soup
- It’s 4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 32 oz of fat free half and half.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 each of italian turkey sausage.
- It’s 4 medium of potatoes diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn starch.
A lighter version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup. Heat a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. In a large stock pot, cook the bacon until somewhat done.
lighter zuppa toscana soup step by step
- remove sausage from casing and brown. set aside.
- sautee diced onion and combine onion and sausage to a stock pot.
- pour in chicken broth, and add diced potatoes. Boil till potatoes are tender..
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes a bit for texture..
- add kale and simmer till kale is tender. add garlic powder, salt or pepper to taste if desired..
- add half and half reserving 1 cup to combine with cornstarch and add slurry to soup. stirring till heated thru….do not boil..
Add the onion and saute until almost caramelized (golden color). Add chicken stock and water, then bring to a light boil and add potatoes. In a skillet sauté the sausage until browned and pour into a slow cooker. In the same pan cook the bacon until crispy. You don't have to venture out to your favorite Italian restaurant to get this classic, decadently satisfying sausage and potato soup.