How to Make Tasty Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup.
You can have Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
- Prepare 1 of medium sized butternut squash, peeled de-seeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion chopped.
- You need 4 of small carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 200 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- You need To taste of Salt and black pepper powder.
- Prepare As needed of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli flakes to garnish.
- Prepare as needed of pumpkin seeds for garnishing.
Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup instructions
- Gently cook the onions in a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan, for about 5 minutes..
- Add the carrots and squash and cook over a medium heat for a good 15 minutes. For this soup I purposely allowed some of the squash to start to caramelise (but not burn) as it adds more flavour to the end soup..
- Add 500 ml of veg or chicken stock and simmer until the veg is tender..
- Allow to cool slightly then blend until smooth. Then stir in the coconut milk. Now taste the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with seeds and chilli flakes to garnish before serving..