Recipe: Yummy Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal
Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal.
You can cook Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal
- You need 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- It’s 3.25 oz of minced shallots.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 oz of minced lemongrass.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thai Chili paste.
- It’s 1.5 oz of Galangal, sliced.25 in thick.
- You need 1.5 qt of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 qt of coconut milk.
- Prepare 6.5 oz of drained, canned straw mushrooms, halved.
- It’s 4 oz of seeses and medium diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of cilantro for garnish.
- Prepare 18 of kaffir lime leaves, bruised.
Thai Soup with Coconut Milk and Galangal instructions
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat and add shallots, lemongrass, Garlic, and chili paste. Cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds..
- Add the galangal, lime leaves, stock, sugar, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Strain the broth into a pot and discard the solids. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add the lime juice and salt and adjust seasoning with sugar and salt. Garnish the soup with cilantro..