Recipe: Perfect Toscana Soup
Toscana Soup. Zuppa Toscana Soup that's Even Better than Olive Garden's! This soup is a regular in my home, it's one of my families favorites! I love that it's so easy to make and it has such an incredible flavor thanks to those hearty bits of sausage.
Zuppa Toscana Olive Garden Copycat Soup Recipe is a popular soup made with sausage, potato, bacon, kale, and heavy cream. You don't have to venture out to your favorite Italian restaurant to get this classic, decadently satisfying sausage and potato soup. This so-simple rendition is simmered to perfection in your own kitchen using the slow cooker. You can have Toscana Soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toscana Soup
- It’s 1 package of breakfast sausage links, chopped.
- Prepare 1 package of bacon (not precooked), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of med onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2-3 packs of Knorrs chicken stock base.
- You need 1 quart of water.
- It’s 3 of large potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale, stemmed and chopped.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Heavy cream is the key to the rich, full-bodied broth–but if you wanted to lighten the soup up a bit, you can replace half of the heavy cream with half-and-half. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe. It went bananas and has since been one of the most popular recipes on my site. This Easy Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup is a super quick and simple copycat recipe with rich, creamy flavor you can't resist!.
Toscana Soup instructions
- In a soup pot fry sausage till done, remove and set aside, drain grease..
- In the same pot fry bacon till crisp, remove, divide and set aside. Drain grease, keeping a few teaspoons in the pot..
- Add onions to the bacon grease and cook until translucent, add the garlic and cook an additional minute..
- Add chicken stock base*, water and potatoes..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked..
- Add sausage, kale, half the bacon and the cream*..
- Simmer an additional 4 minutes or until desire doneness of kale..
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve topped with remaining crumbled bacon..
- When I add the stock base and cream I start with the minimum amount required and then taste and add or not to suite my own personal preference..
If you're like me and can't get enough soup, then you should definitely give this Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup a try, right before you test out my Instant Pot Pasta e Fagioli Soup and Sausage and White Bean Soup. Zuppa Toscana is a vegetable and bean soup made with kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes and tomatoes, plus celery, carrots and onion. Historically, most people in the Tuscan countryside would have used affordable seasonal vegetables and beans to make their Zuppa Toscana. This is a clone of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Tried and true, approved by former Olive Garden chefs. watch..