Recipe: Appetizing 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup. Everyone needs a good lentil soup in their back pocket for days when you don't really feel like cooking but want something nourishing on the table fast. This delicious vegan lentil soup recipe is my go-to for fueling my body. An easy vegan pressure cooker recipe!
I grew up in Ukraine on real food. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. You can blend half this soup to make it a more creamy, daal or split-pea like soup, or you can leave it unblended for a minestrone-like soup. ▸ ▹ Vegan, gluten-free, one-pot, nut-free, soy-free. You can cook 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
- It’s of Base vegetables.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of small shallots, diced.
- Prepare 4 of large carrots, thinly sliced.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, thinly sliced.
- Prepare to taste of Sea salt and black pepper,.
- You need of Add later vegetables.
- You need 3 cups of baby potatoes.
- Prepare of Soup base.
- Prepare 4 cups of broth.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of Add later vegetables.
- Prepare 2 cups of kale, chopped.
Instant Pots are amazing for soup. You simply add ingredients, set your Instant Pot to high, and press go! We love lentil soup for its versatility. We add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic as a base, plus canned tomatoes and fresh thyme.
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup instructions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add water (or oil), garlic, shallots/onion (optional), carrots, and celery. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic (turn heat down if it’s cooking too quickly.).
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Add broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender..
- Add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes more to wilt. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor, vegetable broth if it’s become too thick, or herbs for earthy flavor..
- Enjoy as is or serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or a side of flatbread or rolls (links above). I love garnishing mine with a little fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness (optional)..
This hearty stew is flavorful, easy to make, protein-rich, vegan, gluten-free, inexpensive and made in one pot. For this vegan lentil soup, I've used pantry ingredients which probably everyone has at home. Chicken and lentil soup made in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker) – a healthy, nourishing meal that will fill you up and make plenty of servings so you can have leftovers for lunch or freeze the rest! While I don't practice bean discrimination, I will say that I could Whether you're meal prepping for the week or just want something warm and cozy for dinner, this Instant Pot Black Bean soup is sure to satisfy. Vegan Curry Lentil Soup – Hearty lentil soup with curry, potatoes and greens is warm, glowing and delicious!