Easiest Way to Make Delicious Portuguese(kale)soup
Portuguese(kale)soup. Though kale probably originated in the dry heat of the Mediterranean, it became a fixture in the kitchens of northern Europe In Scotland, according to the author Elizabeth Schneider, "to come to cail," was an. Categories: European Recipes Portuguese Recipes Soup Kale Chorizo Sausage Recipes Main Dish Lunch Winter. Easy Portuguese Kale Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
The Best Portuguese Kale Soup is a delicious way to enjoy healthy kale! This kale soup recipe is based on a traditional Portuguese Kale Soup with a few creative variations of our own. This authentic Portuguese kale soup always makes me think of summer, even though it's old fashioned stick-to-your-bones cold weather cooking. You can have Portuguese(kale)soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese(kale)soup
- You need 1 of pack linguica (cut up).
- You need 1 of pack chourice (cut up).
- You need 1 of head cabbage (cut up).
- It’s 1 of bag fresh kale.
- It’s 5 of potatoes (cut up).
- Prepare 1 of can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s 1 of bag small carrots.
- You need 2 of large cans of beef or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder to your liking.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of water as needed.
- Prepare 1 of beef or chicken bouillion.
Her mother had passed it on to her. This is mainly a Kale soup flavored with the spicy sausage. The potato is only there to slightly thicken, and give the soup its silky texture. This is a healthy soup that is sure to warm you up on a cold Winter day.
Portuguese(kale)soup step by step
- In large stockpot fry up the two meats (browned all over) about 15-20 minutes..
- Once meats are cooked add one can of broth, this helps to make the broth..
- Add the potato, carrots, cabbage, cook until tender..
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and second can of broth, if there isn't enough liquid, that's when you would add your bouillions and water. Don't water down to much..
- Once veggies are tender add kidney beans and kale. Continue to cook on low heat. The longer it simmers the better the flavor..
- I can't put any real time frames in this recipe and there will be plenty of leftovers to freeze for future meals..
- Serve hot with fresh bread for dipping into the broth. Enjoy!.
The recipe is based on Ruth O'Donnell's Portuguese Kale Soup Recipe. The best Portuguese Kale Soup recipe is made with linguica – a spicy sausage. Portuguese Kale Soup New England Clam Chowder Potato and Leek Soup Sherry's Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Southern Corn Chowder Thai Soup – Kaen Ron White Bean and Sausage Soup. How to make portuguese sausage kale potato soup. If you try this recipe I hope you'll come back to.