Recipe: Appetizing Portuguese(kale)soup
Portuguese(kale)soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Minestrone Soup with Kale Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Heat oil in a deep pot over medium high heat. Add garlic, bay leaves, and kale to the pot.
Her mother had passed it on to her. This soup is easily stretched to make more servings. The Chorizo gives the broth a good base for adding another can of beans or more pasta or a little water. You can have Portuguese(kale)soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese(kale)soup
- It’s 1 of pack linguica (cut up).
- Prepare 1 of pack chourice (cut up).
- Prepare 1 of head cabbage (cut up).
- It’s 1 of bag fresh kale.
- Prepare 5 of potatoes (cut up).
- Prepare 1 of can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 of bag small carrots.
- Prepare 2 of large cans of beef or chicken broth.
- You need 1 of garlic powder to your liking.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of water as needed.
- You need 1 of beef or chicken bouillion.
Soul warming for a cold night, serve with a warm crusty bread. Heat a deep soup pot set over medium heat. Add the garlic, then cover and sweat, without browning. The Best Portuguese Kale Soup is a delicious way to enjoy healthy kale!
Portuguese(kale)soup step by step
- In large stockpot fry up the two meats (browned all over) about 15-20 minutes..
- Once meats are cooked add one can of broth, this helps to make the broth..
- Add the potato, carrots, cabbage, cook until tender..
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and second can of broth, if there isn't enough liquid, that's when you would add your bouillions and water. Don't water down to much..
- Once veggies are tender add kidney beans and kale. Continue to cook on low heat. The longer it simmers the better the flavor..
- I can't put any real time frames in this recipe and there will be plenty of leftovers to freeze for future meals..
- Serve hot with fresh bread for dipping into the broth. Enjoy!.
This kale soup recipe is based on a traditional Portuguese Kale Soup with a few creative variations of our own. Sausage, beans and potatoes simmer with kale and plenty of garlic for great flavor. Do not allow garlic to brown, so add last. Sausage does not need to cook. DH and I have been going to a little place called Cafe Rio for years.