How to Make Tasty Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup.
You can have Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- It’s of Kale.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need 1 lb of dry lentils.
- You need 1 of jalapeno.
- You need 1 of serrano.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of med sweet onion.
- It’s of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Chile powder.
- You need of Cayenne powder.
- It’s of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Celery seed.
- It’s 3 qt of broth.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup instructions
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..