How to Cook Yummy Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Chicken Rice and Soup Made with Real Ingredients. I no longer need to look anywhere else! This was absolutely delicious and just what I was looking to make on a cool Autumn night.
For convenience, we call for precooked wild rice; if you can't find it, you can substitute. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender. Classic creamy chicken and wild rice soup is filled with ingredients that I don't usually use – chicken, of course, chicken broth, and even heavy cream. You can cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup
- Prepare of chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- Prepare of fresh kale, chopped.
- You need of large onion, diced.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of celery, diced.
- Prepare of small-medium carrots, diced.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of cream (half&half is fine).
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- You need of rice (uncooked).
- It’s of dried thyme.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- It’s of dried bay leaf.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
At its core, though, traditional wild rice soup contains a base of delicious fall vegetables and the yummy, hearty rice, so it's not hard to imagine a vegetarian version. Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Hers is the best and perfect when you are sick and need some mama comfort love. But I was not sick and wanted to try something different.
Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.
So I decided to whip up a healthy version of creamy chicken and rice soup. Dinner: Chickpea and Rice soup with Kale from the Post Punk Kitchen. Grilled flatbread Cucumbers and tomato wedges No. This creamy, luscious chicken and wild rice soup is quick and easy to make thanks to pre-cooked rice and rotisserie chicken. For the herby cranberry sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.