Recipe: Yummy Bean and Bacon Soup
Bean and Bacon Soup. Classic bean and bacon soup with white beans, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and plenty of bacon! There's just enough bacon to give the white bean soup plenty of flavor, but not so much as to weigh you down. We've puréed about half of the soup so that it is chunky, with a creamy based that comes.
It's made with simple ingredients and it's way better than canned! There aren't many canned soups out there that I'll buy but the one that I've always bought is Campbell's Bean and Bacon Soup. Dried navy beans are the base for this hearty homemade soup. You can cook Bean and Bacon Soup using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean and Bacon Soup
- It’s 1 lb. of bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 (15.5 oz.) of cans Great Northern beans, drained.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can Tomato sauce.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Onions and celery are sauteed with bacon and added to the chicken bouillon broth, spiced with cloves and bay leaf. Bean with Bacon SoupJust like the kind you remember as a kid! This Bacon and Bean Soup is sure to make it into your fall recipe arsenal. Easy to make and full of flavor, this recipe is always a crowd pleaser!
Bean and Bacon Soup instructions
- Dice bacon and cook over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven..
- When cooked and crispy, place in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside..
- Dice onion, carrots and celery..
- Leave 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in pot and saute diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender..
- Add in beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper. You do not need that much salt as the bacon will be salty already..
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour..
- Open lid and bask in the aroma… :).
- Using a ladle, remove half of soup and place in a blender, blend on low until incorporated..
- Place back into pot and add the can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the cooked bacon..
- Continue to heat on low until soup is warm and bubbly..
- Top with remaining bacon. Enjoy!.
Why this bean soup is so awesome. It's got a ton of bacon in it, and the bacon adds so much smoky flavor. There are simple, everyday ingredients, and. Customers tell us they love its flavor. A clear chicken broth makes it different from other bean soups.