How to Prepare Delicious Butternut soup
Butternut soup. Deliciously Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is so rich in butternut flavour! Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're craving a warm and creamy bowl of comfort. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II.
This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! Made with squash, ginger, rosemary & sage, it's super creamy and full of My favorite fall tradition is making butternut squash soup on Sunday afternoons. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. You can cook Butternut soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger (or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh or dried thyme leaves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare 4 cups of vegetable stock (or use chicken stock for a non-vegan soup or water).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or use half and half for a rich, non-vegan soup).
- Prepare of fresh thyme sprigs, coconut cream (or heavy cream) for garnish.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. How to Make this Butternut Squash Soup. This recipe is simple and easy, starting with a base of chopped onions, celery, and.
Butternut soup instructions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil..
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, and thyme, and saute until the onion is soft and transparent..
- Add the cubed butternut squash and toss in the onion mixture..
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine (You might need to add a little more or less stock, depending on the size of your squash. The liquid level should be just slightly lower than the squash)..
- Add the lid to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Once the soup reaches a boil turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the butternut squash is very tender when you pierce it with a fork..
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut milk..
- Puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or puree in batches in a regular counter-top blender..
- Serve immediately with a garnish of fresh thyme and some coconut cream or yogurt, or store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer..
This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! My all-time favorite Butternut Squash Soup Recipe! Super easy to make, naturally gluten-free and Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients. Firstly, I should mention that this is going to be a large pot of. Tucking into homemade, gently spiced butternut squash soup is one of the few fringe benefits of the winter season.