Recipe: Yummy DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup
DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup. Whether you are avoiding a bunch of sketchy ingredients you cannot pronounce, or if you want to skip the extra trip to the store…this is a fantastic substitute for condensed cream soup. I have tried it in just about every recipe that I previous used canned condensed soup in. Make this Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup to replace that can from the grocery store.
Also adding the "flavor" of what cream of you need. Condensed 'Cream of Anything' Soup is the homemade replacement for any Condensed Cream of Soup recipes. Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup; Again, feel free to play around with substitutions and different main ingredients to meet your own needs. You can have DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour (I use Bob's Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Flour).
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms, broccoli, celery, or chicken (whatever flavor you need).
- You need of To taste- salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Don't forget you can freeze these in batches in pint or quart size bags or use as you would a can of condensed Cream of Something Soup in any recipe and. Once you make these homemade versions of condensed cream soups, you'll never open a can again! Condensed Cream Soups Done Better Condensed "cream of" soups are a very common ingredient in many recipes. Lots of crock pot and casserole recipes call for this and while I don't mind using the canned variety, even the lower-sodium.
DIY Condensed Cream of Whatever Soup step by step
- Over medium heat, saute the "whatever flavor" in the 3 tbsp butter..
- Create a roux by adding the flour to the melted butter. Whisk in flour and allow to cook for a minute or two..
- Add the chicken stock and milk to the roux and whisk constantly..
- Continue whisking/stirring over heat until the thick consistency of condensed soup..
- This is equivalent to 1 can of cream of (blank) soup, and works well in casseroles..
This is meant to go into dishes that call for condensed cream of chicken. What is Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup? Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup is simply a thick chicken based sauce. It's creamy and adds additional flavor to your soups and dinners. As with the recipe earlier this week for condensed cream of chicken soup, this condensed homemade cream of mushroom soup is SUPER easy to make.