Recipe: Yummy Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, corn, broth, milk, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. I think there are better recipes for shrimp and corn soup out there. It did taste better the next day.
Prep your shrimp and set aside. You can buy them pre-prepped or thaw and peel them yourself. I like to use smaller shrimp for this recipe (more shrimpy goodness in. You can cook Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Peeled Shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of Frozen Sweet White Corn.
- Prepare 1 lb of Frozen Pearl onions.
- You need 1 can of Cream style corn.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel.
- You need 1 cup of seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 32 Oz of Carton chicken stock.
- You need 1 stick of + some REAL BUTTER.
- You need of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare of Zataran's crab boil powder.
Spicy Shrimp & Fried Corn ~ A fresh and tasty twist on classic shrimp and grits! Creamy, sweet fried corn is topped with spicy shrimp, garden fresh tomatoes and green onions for a delicious bowl of healthy comfort food! This corn and shrimp soup is a flavorful combination of fresh shrimp, tomatoes, and corn. A tomato-based soup is a fabulous dairy-free alternative to heavier seafood soups.
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup instructions
- Saute seasoning blend in butter (reserve the stick)..
- Add all other ingredients except shrimp and butter. Cook for 30 mins on med heat..
- Toss in stick of butter and shrimp. Cook about 10 minutes until shrimp is done..
The soup starts with a simple roux and uses fresh shrimp. If you use frozen shrimp, thaw them in the refrigerator just before. When it comes to soups I favor thick, hearty, and creamy chowder-type soups and shrimp and corn is probably my favorite But fresh corn is even more delicious if it is available. The corn gives just a touch of sweetness to contrast the spiciness of the cajun seasoning. Sweet Corn Soup – With a touch of Spiciness.