Recipe: Tasty Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Minestrone Soup with Kale Buying a meat (or other flavor) filled tortellini wouldn't be bad, but cheese creates a nice base flavor, plus it really compliments that creamy tortellini soup vibe. While you could easily make a vegetarian tortellini soup, most of the recipes out there call for chicken or some version of sausage. Loaded with tender, Creamy Tortellini, sausage, and kale!
Winter soup is my favorite and this soup has all the flavors! If you love tortellini as much as I do try this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini. Sausage Kale and Tortellini Soup a hearty flavorful soup packed with cheesy tortellini, nutritious kale, and tasty bits of herbed Italian sausage. You can cook Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale
- You need 1 lb of Italian sausage removed from the casing.
- It’s 2 of onions, diced.
- It’s 4 of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of Bou vegetable bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 3 (12 oz) of cans evaporated milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of frozen tortellini.
- Prepare 6 cup of kale, destemmed and torn.
A great dinner to cozy up to after a long cold day! Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Kale More Notes + Tips. This soup is perfect as is, but it can be changed up by preference. The first recipe that caught my eye was a yummy-looking creamy tortellini soup recipe from my friend, Katerina.
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale step by step
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add 4 cups water and the bouillon cubes. I use Bou brand..
- In a skillet, brown the sausage breaking up the large pieces..
- Add the sausage to the slow cooker..
- Saute the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened..
- Add the vegetables, and the Italian seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7 hours..
- Turn the cooker to high if not already and add the evorated milk. Allow to come to a simmer (~30 min).
- Stir the corn starch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. All the starch slurry and frozen tortellini to the soup and cook until the pasta is soft (~30 min)..
- Add the kale, submerging with a spoon, and cook until the kale wilts and is tender (~10 min)..
- Adjust the consistency of the soup with water or milk. I used about a cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and plate in bowls with crusty bread..
Coincidentally, I already had a leftover package of tortellini soup and some spinach in the fridge. And something about a creamy soup just sounded perfect for the day. So I decided to tinker around with the recipe and give it a try. Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup with sweet Italian chicken sausage, carrots, celery, kale, and three-cheese tortellini is so creamy and irresistible that it will become your go-to easy meal. This soup is incredibly easy to make and tastes like it has been served at a fancy Italian restaurant.