Velvety Prawn Coconut Curry Soup.
You can have Velvety Prawn Coconut Curry Soup using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Velvety Prawn Coconut Curry Soup
- It’s 15 ml of coconut oil.
- It’s 400 g of prawn tails.
- It’s 225 g of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 5 ml of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 7.5 ml of finely crushed garlic (2 large cloves) – 1/2 teaspoon.
- You need 10 ml of tomato puree.
- You need 7.5 ml of freshly ground black pepper (approximately 1/2 teaspoon).
- You need 10 ml of fish spice (approximately 2 teaspoons).
- It’s 5 ml of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1.25 of hot curry powder (approximately 1/4 teaspoon).
- You need 1 of vegetable stock sachet.
- You need 125 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 350 ml of fresh cream.
- You need 250 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 10 ml of fish sauce.
- You need 30 ml of lime juice.
- It’s 15 ml of full fat milk (optional).
Velvety Prawn Coconut Curry Soup step by step
- In a pan, fry prawns in 15 ml coconut oil on low heat 2-3 mins till prawns are just pink in colour..
- Saute the chopped onions in a separate pot until onions are goldren brown. This will take 5-10 mins on medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic and allow to simmer to saute for 4-5 mins on medium-low heat..
- Add the tomato puree and continue stirring for 2 mins until the tomato is amalgamated..
- Add the prawns, black pepper, fish spice, chill flakes, curry powder, parsley or coriander and stir for 5 mins until the spices are cooked through..
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and mix until dissolved then add to the prawn curry mixture..
- Add the freh cream and coconut milk and cook stirring continuously until the soup thickens about 2-3 mins..
- Once the soup has thickened up, add the lime juice add continue stirring. Add the fish sauce and adjust seasoning as required..
- Allow the soup to reduce until it reaches your desired consistency. If it thickens too much add the milk one tablespoon at a time to loosen it up..
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and a few slices of crusty bread, Jasmine rice or noodles..