Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Wholesome Chicken Soup
Wholesome Chicken Soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Tasty & Nutritious Chickpea Soup with Red Pepper. This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)There's something about a hot bowl of low carb chicken soup that feels like comfort. A bowl of homemade paleo chicken soup is a great reminder to slow down.
You'll love the buttery, moist texture with a crunch of slivered almonds and lightly sweetened glaze. Instant Pot – Makes a much quicker low carb buffalo chicken soup. Low Carb Taco Soup; Slow Cooker Keto Chili This easy chicken soup is filled with good ingredients and both filling and wholesome – a great option for a cold day, or to chase off a cold. You can have Wholesome Chicken Soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wholesome Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- It’s 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- You need 1 of large onion, quartered.
- It’s 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 of peppercorns.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare dash of dried ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- You need 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- You need 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sour cream to serve.
The time to cook slow cooker crack chicken is about the same as any other shredded chicken recipe. When it's done, shred the chicken and stir it all together until smooth. Italian Chicken Noodle Soup – Italian seasoned broth, chicken, pasta, and tons of veggies. I remember it because she made an Italian chicken noodle soup that inspired me to make this recipe.
Wholesome Chicken Soup instructions
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
I made this soup, and the end result was very good. Great recipe for Wholesome Chicken Soup. Its very healthy and the broth is very rich. Turmeric is optional but delicious, looks tasty, and is anti-inflammatory. Combine pumpkin puree, coconut milk and bone broth in medium size pot.