Recipe: Delicious Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk.
Very satisfying on a cold windy winter's day! This creamy, comforting soup really chases away the chills on cold fall or winter nights. Add turkey and Worcestershire sauce; heat through. You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- It’s 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- It’s 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 of lg sweet potato.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 qt of whipping cream.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- It’s 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- You need 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- You need 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- You need of Texas toast.
How to make Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup. Start by sautéing the mushrooms, celery, carrots, and onion in a large stock pot. Add in the flour, followed Add the quick cooking wild rice and let simmer until tender. Add in the turkey gravy, half and half, and the left over turkey.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Cook's Notes for Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup. A note about rice in soups: When you add rice to any soup, it's all fine when enjoyed fresh, but if To cook wild rice, first rinse uncooked rice well under cold running water. Sorry for taking so long to post this! Putting all carcasses aside, this Turkey and Wild Rice Soup is all kinds of amazing. It also makes enough to cure world hunger.