Recipe: Delicious Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup
Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup. However, it has a Our Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is made with fresh healthy ingredients. You can easily substitute whole grain or even gluten free pasta to suit your diet. Spicy Turkish soup with a yogurt and turkey stock base, chickpeas, rice, cayenne, paprika, mint, and lemon.
If you like spicy food, this Korean spicy soup made with leftover turkey will become your favorite recipe to use up all Then, I make turkey porridge for breakfast. Within the next day or two, we love to have a spicy bowl of turkey soup The chicken version is traditionally made with boiled chicken. Easy chicken soup made with a light and refreshing lemon broth, orzo pasta, and vegetables. You can have Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey or chicken.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of jalepeno minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon pepper salt/seasoning.
- It’s 1 of fresh sprig rosemary.
- You need 1 of fresh sprig thyme.
- Prepare 2 of fresh sage leaves.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli florettes, roughly chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of orzo pasta (or any small pasta).
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
This comforting soup is healthy and perfect for a cold Josh said he wasn't in the mood for a sandwich, so he made a big pot of Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. Caleb played with pots and pans while dad made. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. I put the chicken (shredded or diced) back in the pot with the broth and add the veggies too.
Spicy Turkey (or chicken) Orzo Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in pot, add onion and garlic and sautee until onions translucent..
- Add carrots and stir 3 min, add your whole fresh herbs and salt and pepper (You can pick herbs out later when theyre whole).
- Add your diced turkey or chicken..
- Pour in your chicken broth and drop in your celery. Let cook for 8min.
- Stir in your pasta (Tip: if you're family isnt large enough to finish this soup in one night,cook the pasta seperate and add it to the bowl and ladle this soup on top to prevent mushy pasta when reheating).
- Cook the pasta until al dente and stir in your broccoli in the last 5 minn cooking time to ensure they're crisp and green! (Or you can cook the broccoli with your pasta and add to bowl when serving).
Seasonings include: a couple teaspoons salt (how much depends on if you used store-bought stock or homemade. store-bought needs less salt; sometimes I use half sea. Orzo Pasta – Use classic semolina orzo OR whole wheat orzo for this soup. I'm a big fan of the whole wheat orzo in this recipe because of the added nutrients and fiber. But, not all grocery stores stock it, so the semolina works great too! Chicken broth – My people, I'm in an exclusive relationship with.