Recipe: Perfect Beef soup
Beef soup. This Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect way to use up all those summer veggies! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the abundance of vegetables and the tender chunks of beef. So many beef soups are watery and dull.
Beef: Place your beef cubes in the slow cooker. You can brown them first or you can skip this step, but with soup recipes, I generally recommend browning the meat as it makes for a better broth! This soup is packed with vegetables, tomatoes, and beef. You can cook Beef soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef soup
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- You need 1.5 lbs of steak.
- Prepare 3 of large sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 lbs of potatoes pealed and cubed.
- You need 2 of Pascal celery stalks.
- It’s 1 quart of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of red wine.
- You need 1 can of carrots.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 6 of beef bullion cubes.
- Prepare 4 tsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley flakes.
The beef gets super tender as it cooks in. This vegetable beef soup is made with tender chunks of beef, plenty of vegetables and potatoes, all simmered in a tomato broth. A hearty one pot meal that's perfect for a cold night! This spicy beef noodle soup recipe is surprisingly simple to prepare at home, spicy, flavorful,and Spicy Beef Noodle Soup.
Beef soup instructions
- Begin to cook the steak. I perfer to use rib eyes steak and grill them until rare to med rare. You can also broil the steaks if you wish. Once done, place on a plate until you are ready to cut them into cubes. Save all the juice from the meat..
- In a larger pot, add the water, bullion, carrots, tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme and warm over medium heat..
- While the meat is cooking and the other stuff in the pot is warming, slice the onions into 1/8 inch strips. Then add them to a pan with the butter and freshly minced garlic and saute until the onions are clear. Once done and all the contents into the warming pot..
- Cut the meat into small cubes, then add to the warming pot of ingredients. Add the wine at this time as well. I recommend using a Pinot, but cook to your taste. Turn up the temp on the pot to high. This will finish cooking the meat and cook out the alcohol..
- Cut up the peeled potatoes in to 1/2 inch cubes and slice up the celery into 1/8 inch strips. Add to the pot, and boil until the potatoes are soft. Usually about 30-35 min..
This super-savory dish draws its inspiration from Taiwanese beef noodle soup, then gilds the lily with a Dutch oven's worth of sweet, slow-simmered onions—the best part of French onion soup. You can prepare this soup as the main course in a hearty lunch or dinner. But on cold winter evenings here in New England, I've often poured a steaming mugful and enjoyed it in front. The Best Beef Soup Bones Recipes on Yummly Okra Beef Soup, Vietnamese Beef Soup Bún Bò Nam Bộ, Moroccan Beef Soup.