Recipe: Perfect Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup
Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup. Great recipe for Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup. This is a very hearty flavorful soup. I combined what I liked from a few different recipes and came up with this recipe.big thumbs up from the family!
The chill is definitely in the air these days, and there is nothing better when it's cold outside than making homemade soups. I've been so crazy busy lately that I've gotten lazy about going to the grocery store. Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a thick and creamy soup base with chunks of cooked pork sausage, crunchy carrots, buttery kale and three cheese tortellini pasta cooked in a smooth and rich tomato sauce. You can have Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup
- Prepare 2 TBS of butter.
- Prepare 2 TBS of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot thinly sliced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can cannelloni or navy beans rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 lb of bulk mild Italian sausage.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 package of favorite frozen cheese tortellini.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Roux – 3TBS butter / 3TBS flour.
This soup will become an instant favorite! Winter soup is my favorite and this soup has all the flavors! If you love tortellini as much as I do try this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini. Carefully drop sausage by heaping teaspoonfuls into boiling broth.
Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup step by step
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven on medium heat, add carrots, celery and onion and cook for approx 5-7 min until the veggies soften..
- Add in sausage and sauté until browned. Stir in garlic, pepper and pepper flakes..
- Add in beans, tomatoes and broth, cook to a simmer, about 10 min….
- In the meantime make your roux in a small sauce pan by melting butter and whisking in flour until combined. Add to pot and bring to a slow boil to thicken up the soup..
- Add in frozen tortellini and simmer until the pasta is el dente about 10. Add in fresh parsley and serve. Garnish with a little Parmesan cheese on top..
Add tortellini, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; return to a boil. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. There is Ham and Bean Soup. Then there is Creamy Ham and Bean Soup. This is the Best Ham and Bean Soup simmered with ham, white beans, onions, carrots, celery, seasonings and pillowy, cheesy tortellini.