Easiest Way to Make Yummy Potato Cheese Soup
Potato Cheese Soup. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Potato Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Terrific soup, without question one of the best potato soups ever. It's not a picky recipe either.
A rich potato soup that also has carrot, onion and celery. The chicken base also contributes to it's complex flavor. Chicken base is a strong reduction of chicken stock that is normally sold in a resealable plastic jar and should be kept refrigerated. You can have Potato Cheese Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Cheese Soup
- Prepare 4 1/2 of medium potatoes; finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots; finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion; finely chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 stalks of celery; finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of instant mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Velveeta, cubed.
In a soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken broth, potatoes, and vinegar; cover and bring to a boil. Add leeks and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Potato Cheese Soup instructions
- Cook potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery with seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper in 1 1/2 quarts water. Bring to boil and simmer 45 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, add Velveeta and stir constantly until dissolved..
- Add instant potatoes a little at a time until Soup is desired consistency. (Add more instant potatoes if needed.).
Add water and bring to a simmer. Return the puree to the pan. Over low heat, add the cheese and stir until melted. Remove the pan from the heat. Taste the soup and add more salt if needed.