How to Prepare Perfect Beer cheese soup
Beer cheese soup. Beer cheese soup and soft pretzels is gonna change your dinner game this month. This beer cheese soup is creamy, smokey, and velvety smooth – the perfect dunking situation for your soft. Hearty veggie roux base with tangy flavors and a rich malty creaminess.
There are beer soups and cheese soups in Germany and also some soups thickened with bread, so I kept that in mind and tried to create something of my own. A fall and winter dish that we've served at. This super rich cheddar-cheese soup gets extra flavor from jalapeños, smoky bacon and a shot of beer. You can cook Beer cheese soup using 33 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beer cheese soup
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots, sliced half inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 of large jalapenos, diced, deseed for less heat.
- It’s 1 of Serrano pepper, diced and deseed for less heat, I like spice.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, sliced medium.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 6 of small red potatoes, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon, I used thick cut.diced placed on cookie.
- You need sheet of preheat oven 375 degrees, bake for 15 minutes until crispy.
- It’s of place on paper plate,on a paper towel, absorbs grease.
- It’s of reserve 1/2 cup for garnish.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of package, skinless smoked sausage.
- You need 1/2 inch of sliced medium.
- It’s of saute until browned.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of box Swanson chicken broth.
- You need 2 (12 oz) of bottles Sam Adams Boston lager.
- It’s 3-5 of shakes Worcestershire sauce start with 3 add more to taste.
- It’s 3 cups of grated sharp cheddar.
- It’s 2 cups of grated gruyere.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of half and half.
- You need of spices, start low, can always add, can't remove.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder I used 2.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coleman's dry mustard I used 3.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each hot Hungarian paprika, smoked paprika I used 2 each.
- It’s 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s of pepper to taste, I used 1 tsp each black and white peppers.
- You need of Warning!! Do Not Add Salt until the end, don't be sorry, this is.
- Prepare of my second attempt.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions sliced 1/4 inch – garnish.
- You need of sour cream – garnish.
- You need of jalapeno cheddar cheese bread sliced.
- Prepare 4 of Sam Adams Boston lager.
The cheddar soup can be refrigerated overnight. Creamy irresistible Irish Beer Cheese Soup, perfect to serve on Saint Patrick's Day with a tall frothy pint! Whether you include the beer or not, this soup tastes wonderful. I always make extra and pop single servings into the freezer.
Beer cheese soup step by step
- Melt butter, medium heat, in large Stock pot.
- Saute vegetables 4 -6 minutes.
- Except potatoes and green onions.
- Add spices and bacon, don't forget to reserve half cup bacon.
- Add chicken broth, beers, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add potatoes, bring to a boil.
- When potatoes are softened lower heat to a simmer.
- Mix grated cheese with the flour,add stir until combined.
- Add half and half, Do not Boil, keep at a simmer, will curdle.
- Adjust spices, add more to taste,.
- NO Salt, the bacon is the salt.
- Add smoked sausage.
- Simmer until well heated, or longer.
- The longer it simmers the better.
- This brings the spices out.
- Don't forget to have a beer.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions, reserved bacon.
- Make it your own, I also added sliced jalapenos.
- Serve with jalapeno cheddar cheese bread.
- I got mine from the jewel bakery.
- Awesome, cheap, no work, gives you time to drink your beer.
- Sam Adams would approve.
How to make Beer Cheese Soup: Cook the bacon in the dutch oven or stockpot. Our beer cheese soup gets its melty, creamy-with-a-kick perfect from not one but three kinds of cheese, a good dose of smoky bacon, jalapeno for kick, and heavy cream for silkiness. Everyone needs beer cheese soup in their lives during the chilly winter months. Great as a weeknight meal or game day snack, this soup is a true bowl of comfort. It has a few simple ingredients.