Recipe: Tasty Cabbage and sausage soup
Cabbage and sausage soup. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a separate plate, and set aside. Add the olive oil, leeks, carrots and celery to the pan, and stir to combine. Cabbage and sausage just seem to go hand in hand.
Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage is loaded with both cabbage and slices of smoked sausage. A little cream adds some richness to this comforting, hearty soup that's perfect for a winter meal. It's full of chunks of potato, carrots, and onion and is really more of a stew than a soup. You can have Cabbage and sausage soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and sausage soup
- You need 400-500 gr of Sausages.
- It’s 400-500 gr of Potatoes.
- You need 500 gr of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1-2 pcs of Leeks.
- You need 1-2 pcs of Carrots.
- It’s of Celery stalks 2-3 pcs.
- Prepare of Garlic 3-4 gloves.
- It’s 1.5-2 l of Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning.
- It’s leaf of Bay.
- Prepare of Pepper, salt.
Serve with cornbread or fresh bread for a filling meal. This hearty and delicious Easy Cabbage and Sausage Soup tastes just like a cabbage roll with sausage – but in a rich, comforting hot soup!. I absolutely love cabbage soup in the winter – it is simple, healthy, bursting with flavor – and full of ingredients you can feel good about. In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
Cabbage and sausage soup step by step
- Add some vegetable oil to a large stockpot. Cut sausages add to stockpot and cook over medium-heat stirring and flipping occasionally until lightly browned. Transfer the sausages to a separate plate, and set aside. Add the vegetable, leeks, carrots and celery and stir to combine. Saute for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the cabbage and garlic, and saute for some more minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the stock, potatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, cooked sausage, pepper, salt and stir to combine. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked and tender..
- Step by step video https://youtu.be/D_aBnuK5djY?sub_confirmation=1.
Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. This Italian Sausage and Cabbage Soup was born out of convenience (and cold weather!). This past weekend, we had pretty much no groceries left in the house except for a head of cabbage, some carrots and a couple packages of Italian Sausage in the freezer. Since I always have garlic, onions and canned tomatoes of some sort in my pantry, I am not. His cabbage and red potato soup was a major hit with my family and I have actually been a cabbage fan ever since!