Recipe: Delicious Navy bean soup (φασολάδα)🇬🇷
Navy bean soup (φασολάδα)🇬🇷. A great soup to simmer all afternoon, full of tomatoes, onions, celery, ham, and spices. This recipe makes eight to ten servings so make sure you have a large stock pot on hand. Reviews for: Photos of Navy Bean Soup I.
This Navy Bean Soup is a cinch to prepare, it's nutritious, and it can be stretched to feed the masses. Proceed with Navy Bean Soup recipe, but saute onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in bacon drippings. This navy bean soup is a simple dish made with diced ham from a baked ham dinner (or a leftover ham bone) and dried navy beans. You can have Navy bean soup (φασολάδα)🇬🇷 using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Navy bean soup (φασολάδα)🇬🇷
- It’s 540 mg of can of navy beans.
- You need 1/2 of carrot cut in half lengthwise and sliced in to 1-2 cm slices.
- It’s 1/2 of celery stick sliced 1-2 cm slices.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of all spice balls.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 tbs of bocovo pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt or to your liking.
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 10-12 of parsley leafs lightly chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil(olive oil is the secret here).
- You need 3 cups of water and some extra boiled water to top up if needed.
It's hearty enough to serve as a lunch or supper soup, and because it's budget-friendly you can feed a crowd without sacrificing flavor or quality. It's a versatile dish, so use. For more recipes visit TheUpBeetKitchen.com This is a hearty and comforting soup that is easy to cook in a slow cooker so it is ready when you get home. The navy bean, haricot, pearl haricot bean, boston bean, white pea bean, or pea bean, is a variety of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) native to the Americas, where it was domesticated.
Navy bean soup (φασολάδα)🇬🇷 step by step
- Ok here we go. In a pot ad the oil and the chopped onion and sauté till onion is tender do not let it get colour.
- Now add the water and the rest of the ingredients except the tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Now you add the tomato paste and bring the heat to medium temperature and cook for about one hour.
- At this point lower the heat to medium-low and cook without the lead till water reduces. I like to leave a bit extra water for dealing purposes 😋.
- Enjoy(καλή όρεξη).
It is a dry white bean that is smaller than many other types of white beans, and has an oval. This Navy Bean Soup is rich, slightly smoky with layers of creamy beans and potatoes. It is deeply satisfying and waiting for YOU! I've included lots of tips and tricks below so you can make the perfect Navy Bean Soup based on your personal preference, time constraints and ingredients on hand! This Navy Bean Soup was incredibly easy, but boasts huge flavor and major filling power.