How to Prepare Perfect Creamy Potato Soup
Creamy Potato Soup. Try Our Easy-To-Make Potato Soup Recipes. Browse & Share Now w/ Your Friends! Pat's Cream of Potato Soup "Quick, easy and yummy!
Cream of Potato Soup I "I made some for myself and some coworkers and they loved it. Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base. This soup is a reader favorite and for good reason – it's easy to make and absolutely delicious! You can cook Creamy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of russet potatoes – peeled, cut to 1/2" cubes.
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion – finely chopped (almost minced).
- You need 6 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of half and half or evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of salt (more as needed to taste).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of celery seed (not salt) – optional.
Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist. Repeat with remaining potato mixture; set aside. In the same kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
Creamy Potato Soup step by step
- Place prepped potatoes and chicken broth in a 4-6 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in colander placed over a large bowl to reserve the broth. Set aside..
- Return pot to stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted add onion and sautée about 2 minutes. Wisk in flour and cook 2 minutes more..
- Carefully add broth back to pot, wisking constantly to prevent and break up any lumps. As soon as broth is smooth and begins to thicken wisk in half and half, and then milk..
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer until about the thickness of a loose gravy, wisking constantly. This took about 5 minutes from adding the milk to thickened for me..
- Wisk in salt amd pepper (and celery seed if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Carefully return potatoes to pot. Gently stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Return potato puree to the pan and heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese if desired. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently.