Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Basic Tomato Soup
Basic Tomato Soup. This tomato soup is excellent with canned tomatoes. I love using whole peeled tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. By the way, we love San Marzano Tomatoes and are always pleased with tomatoes from.
Here is a recipe for a basic tomato sauce that starts with a soffritto of onions, carrots, and celery cooked in Sausage Meatballs with Ricotta in Tomato Sauce. Learn how to make Basic tomato soup. Old-fashioned tomato soup is the ultimate comfort food. You can have Basic Tomato Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Tomato Soup
- It’s 1 can (400 gm) of Plum tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 of diced Yellow onion.
- You need 1 of diced Carrot.
- It’s 1 tsp of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of chopped Tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 stalk of diced Celery.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 of Maggi stock cube.
- Prepare 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaf.
Garnish with crunchy, delicious Basic Croutons. Needless to say, great tomato soup cries out for a perfect grilled cheese sandwich. Great with grilled Cheese sandwiches. tomatoes, chopped and de-seeded (add tomato paste if you are short on fresh). onions. garlic. oil, Peanut or olive. salt/pepper. parsley. This basic tomato soup recipe can be altered using different types of tomatoes, veggies, herbs and toppings.
Basic Tomato Soup instructions
- In a saucepan bring water to boil on high heat. Crumble and add the Maggi stock cube. Turn heat off and keep aside. In another saucepan, add olive oil and butter. Heat on medium-low flame until warm. Add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes. Cover and cook on low flame for 8 – 10 minutes; stir occasionally..
- Add tomato paste, tomato, bay leaf and red chilli flakes. Sauté for 5-8 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes along with the liquid, sugar, salt and the stock water. Stir through. Cover and cook on simmer until the carrots have softened. Turn heat off and let cool..
- Using a blender blend together until smooth. Pour the soup back into the pan and reheat on a low flame for 10 minutes. Taste seasoning and adjust accordingly. Serve in individual soup bowls..
Follow the basic formula and you can't go wrong if you want to make slight changes! This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you know exactly what you're eating when you enjoy a. Basic Tomato Sauce, The ingredients are tomato, onion, and garlic. Recado is used every single day in Mexican households to prepare rice, stews, soups, etc.