Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Autumn Lentil Soup
Autumn Lentil Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Recipe by: bonappetit "This is a substantial soup with an amazing flavor. Finely minced carrot and fresh herbs are a nice addition to this soup; I add the carrots in with the onions in the extra-virgin olive oil at the start, and the fresh chopped herbs (parsley, cilantro, fresh mint.
In a heavy-bottomed soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. In a large stock pot, combine lentils, barley, and beef broth. In a non-stick skillet, sauté beef and onion over medium-high heat, until beef is no longer pink, about five minutes. You can cook Autumn Lentil Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Autumn Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 cup of mixed lentils.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed chilies.
- Prepare 4 of carrots diced.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery diced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cartons of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of red wine vinegar.
It's a hearty, delicious, allergy friendly soup. This sausage lentil soup is really filling with the addition of sweet potatoes – they add fiber and a nice texture as well. If you don't like sweet potatoes, you can do regular potatoes. The Autumn Lentil Blend is an enticing combination of lentils in a range of fall-like colors, each adding something different to the mix.
Autumn Lentil Soup step by step
- Saute onions in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat..
- Add garlic and cumin and saute a bit longer until all is starting to turn a golden colour..
- Add remaining ingredients, except vinegar and bring to a boil..
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for about 40 minutes..
- Uncover and add vinegar. Simmer an additional 10 to 15 minutes..
While the smaller lentils thicken and add body to soups and stews, the larger lentils retain their shape and texture. Mixture of light to dark green, crimson and yellow Various shapes and sizes Perfect for hearty fall dishes This Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup is full of hearty seasonal vegetables and wild rice (plus chicken, if you would like), it's wonderfully creamy and comforting, and easy to make in the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot or on the stovetop. For those days when you're craving a cozy, creamy, comforting bowl of soup…I have the perfect new recipe for you. Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Lentil Soup pairs well with fresh baked bread and a glass of wine. Serve garnished with parsley in a baked acorn squash half for even more flavor!