Recipe: Yummy Easy Chicken Soup
Easy Chicken Soup. Discover Tasty Chickpea Soup Made with Red Peppers & Lentils. Check Out Easy Chicken Soup On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
A steaming bowl of chicken soup is a welcome meal on a cold day, but it brings more to the table than just flavor. The hot liquid will help soothe a sore throat and keep nasal passages moist. And a hearty chicken soup packed with vegetables may also ease such cold and flu symptoms as congestion and coughs. You can cook Easy Chicken Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Soup
- You need of Chicken bones (from cooked chicken).
- You need of water.
- You need of beef or chicken bovril.
- It’s of poultry seasoning.
- It’s of savoury.
- You need of pastini.
- Prepare of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need of ribs celery diced.
- You need of Other diced vegetables as desired (I often use green beans).
Put the bones and carcass from a leftover chicken (they can be in pieces) in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook. Everyone has their own favorite chicken soup recipe, but rarely have so few ingredients added up to so much comfort. This version has classic flavors and, thanks to a simplified method, cooks more quickly than traditional chicken soups (the dish is ready in a little over an hour).
Easy Chicken Soup step by step
- Put chicken bones, water, bovril and spices in a large saucepan and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove bones from liquid with slotted spoon and set aside to cool..
- Add pastini and vegetables to liquid and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- While vegetables are simmering in broth, pull chicken from bones and shred into small pieces..
- Add chicken to soup and stir..
There's no need to make a separate stock; the vegetables and meat form their own satisfying broth. Put cooked chicken meat and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. In a large saucepan, bring broth and onion to a boil. Although my mom's version still takes the cake, this was quick and easy. If a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, surely chicken noodle soup is warm and wonderful in any language.