How to Make Appetizing Italian Wedding Soup
Italian Wedding Soup. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted. The beef broth DEFINITELY adds that extra punch this soup needs.
In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs. I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. You can cook Italian Wedding Soup using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare of Meatballs:.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground veal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need of Soup:.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of sweet onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of celery finely chopped.
- It’s 2 cartons of chicken stock (about 8 cups).
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ancini de pepe (small pasta).
- It’s 2 cups of baby spinach.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up. But I'm here to tell you it is so easy to make and following this simple recipe people may likely think it was passed down from an Italian Grandmother. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat (usually meatballs and/or sausage, the latter sometimes made of chicken and containing Italian parsley and parmesan cheese) in a clear chicken-based broth.
Italian Wedding Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together and shape into small meatballs. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through..
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and saute the onion. Add the next five ingredients for the soup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the ancini de pepe and simmer for another 6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add meatballs, spinach and parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Wedding soup sometimes contains pasta (usually cavatelli, fusilli, acini di pepe, pastina, orzo, etc. Italian Wedding Soup is a misnomer. This is not the soup served at traditional Italian weddings. Research on the origin of the name indicate the elements of the soup complement each other, or create the perfect marriage of flavour. Italian Wedding Soup is warm and comforting and filled with tender chicken meatballs, carrots, spinach, and acici de pepe.