Chicken Tortilla Soup.
You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of diced chicken.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's).
- Prepare 2 (48 oz) of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (4.5 oz) of chopped green chilies.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need of (blended).
- You need 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of corn drain juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of diced sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/4 stick of butter.
- Prepare of White cheese shredded.
- You need Strips of Texas Toast Tortilla.
- You need 1 of avocado sliced.
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Boil 4 chicken breast, cool and dice or if in a hurry buy a rotisserie chicken and debone 4 cups..
- In a large soup pot on medium high, saute' the diced onions, and garlic in the butter..
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and 1 cup of uncooked rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes..
- Add the diced chicken, green chilies, blended tomatoes, 6 cups of chicken brooth, diced cilantro. Add all seasonings. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes. Add extra chicken broth if needed..
- In a large soup cup place some of the tortilla strips, and cheese then add the soup with 1 to 2 slices of avocado. Enjoy!!.