Recipe: Yummy Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. Discover Hearty Lentil Vegetable Soup with Great Taste and Nutrition. This Spicy Sausage Lentil and Kale Soup is protein-packed and full of vegetables. I have a soup recipe to share with you today.
Monday gets a bad rap sometimes but think about it, if there wasn't a Monday, then Friday wouldn't be so special. Stir in kale, lentils, salt and black pepper. Stir in chicken,tomato, and , if using, fresh basil. You can have Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- You need of Kale.
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry lentils.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 of serrano.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 1 of med sweet onion.
- It’s of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Chile powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne powder.
- You need of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Celery seed.
- You need 3 qt of broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
A hearty, vegan lentil and kale soup packed with vegetables, protein and fiber. A delicious, filling, healthy soup with a little spicy heat. One of the things I'm trying to do this year is eat vegan a couple of times a week. And for me the easiest way to accomplish this is to have a big bowl of soup.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
The original title of this recipe was "Spiced Vegan Lentil Soup," which is accurate, but a mouthful. Stir in chicken,tomato, and, if using, fresh basil. Remove bay leaves before serving, and add a couple dashes of bitters to each bowl (optional). Recipe: Spicy Lentil and Kale Soup. This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness.