How to Prepare Appetizing Bean soup
Bean soup. Get Inspired On Our Official Website Today! Add ham bone, cubed ham, onion, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Beans come in all shapes, colors and sizes and can be used in these tasty bean soup recipes, including black bean soup, white bean soup, bean chili, vegetable bean soup and more.
Rinse the beans, sorting out any broken or discolored ones. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and the beans and remove from heat. You can have Bean soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bean soup
- It’s 1 cup of dried beans.
- You need 1 quart of cold water.
- It’s 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery diced.
- You need 3/4 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoons of celery salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Paprika.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, carrots and celery in oil until tender; add to soup. Similar to this Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup, it's hearty and filling, without being food-coma inducing, a much-appreciated hiatus between the moments of holiday excess. It's incredibly economical, helpful at this time of year when we end up spending extra everywhere else. Bean with Bacon Soup Just like the kind you remember as a kid!
Bean soup step by step
- Soak beans overnight in cold water drain.
- Add 5 cups cold water bring to boiling point cover simmer 3 hours or until tender.
- Add more water if needed.
- Cook onion and celery to light brown in one half of butter stir in flour and blend well.
- Stir in strained soup.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- A tablespoon of sherry may be added just before serving.
- Add cheese and paprika.
- Serve hot.
Trusted bean soup recipes from Betty Crocker. Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. Toasted Spelt Soup with Escarole and White Beans This dish was inspired by pasta e fagiole , the classic Italian pasta and bean stew. Unlike macaroni, the grains stay nice and chewy, even when. Just divide it up after cooking, cool, then transfer to the freezer for long term storage.