How to Cook Yummy Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup
Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Creamy Tuscan Garlic Tortellini Soup is so easy to make and one of the best soups that you will make! Tortellini, diced tomatoes spinach and white beans are hidden is the most creamy and delicious soup that your family will love!
If a more brothy soup is desired, then boil pasta separately from soup then add at the end). Tuscan Tortellini Soup delicious and comforting. Made with tomatoes, Italian sausage, garlic, onions, kale, and parmesan cheese; you love this simple meal. You can cook Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of smoked sausage or keilbasa, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 6 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of Canellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1 package (12 oz.) of tortellini.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 of packed cups spinach, coarsely chopped.
Friends, I love comforting soups like this Tuscan Tortellini Soup and my kids love it too and all because of the cheese tortellini. This recipe for Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is sponsored by Three Bridges. All opinions expressed are my own. I love soup during the fall and winter months.
Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup instructions
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage. Cook until browned nicely, then remove it to a towel lined plate and cover with foil. Place the butter into the pot. Once it melts, add the onion, carrot and celery with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook another couple of minutes. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and cook another couple of minutes. Then slowly stir in the broth, cream and tomatoes until it's all added and stir in the beans and seasonings. Wait for it to come to a low boil. Once at a boil, stir in the tortellini and the sausage. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the tortellini are al dente (How long depends whether you used frozen, dried or fresh refrigerated. Refer to the package cook time.)..
- Stir in the chopped spinach. Let it simmer just another couple of minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Then taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning and serve. It is so good with some freshly grated parmesan cheese..
It made life easy for me and dinner delicious for the family. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Need to stretch it a bit farther? This soup can be made ahead of time, stored in an airtight container (or container) in the fridge and reheated as needed.