Recipe: Appetizing Tomato Basil Soup
Tomato Basil Soup. Cooked tomatoes and tomato juice are pureed with fresh basil leaves in this soup thickened with heavy cream. All Reviews for Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list.
It is so incredibly easy to make and takes only about ten minutes from start to finish. Serve Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup recipe, made with canned and fresh plum tomatoes, for an elegant starter from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, and thyme. You can have Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- It’s 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- Prepare 1 c of celery.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Use an immersion or countertop blender to blend the soup until smooth. Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Soup is FULL of incredible flavours! Naturally thickened with NO heavy creams! Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions.
Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes! This soup requires minimal ingredients but yields such amazing results! Here you combine several pounds of fresh tomatoes (which you roast to perfection), several cups of fresh basil. Skinnytaste > Instant Pot Recipes > Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup. This soup is adapted from my Slow Cooker Tomato Soup recipe which I changed up a little to make it work in the Instant Pot.