Recipe: Perfect Tomato Basil Soup
Tomato Basil Soup. Enjoy Our Deliciously Crafted Well Yes!® Tomato & Sweet Basil Sipping Soup Today Browse Our Collection Of Simple Soup Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Very good soup but there is an easier way. Hot tomato based liquids in a blender = stained lids and possible explosions.
Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- You need 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato.
- It’s 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- Prepare 1 c of celery.
- You need 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- You need 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Prepare 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Tomato Basil Soup is a healthy classic soup that's simple to make from scratch and full of flavor! It only takes just over half an hour. The whole family will enjoy it as the temperatures drop and the evenings become crisper.
Tomato Basil Soup step by step
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
Tomato-Basil Soup gets a jump start with a can of fire-roasted tomatoes. Pair it with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich. Tomato basil soup up was a hands-down winner the first night, but it has quickly become a family favorite (as if seeing it regularly on our real food menu plan wasn't obvious enough!). The Girl gets excited when she hears we're having "tomato sauce soup" for dinner and loves to slather the top with shredded cheese (which melts and makes. Pair with crusty bread and a fresh salad for a great dinner.