How to Make Perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on. particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Peel and discard charred skins from tomatoes; place tomatoes in a blender. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Butter.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 stick of Celery (chopped small).
- You need 1 pound of Chicken (chopped).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt (course).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper (ground).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- You need 1 teaspoon of Paprika (ground).
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (ground).
- You need 6 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 3 of medium Carrots (chopped).
- You need 3 of Green Onions (chopped).
- You need 1/2 cup of Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare 1 of medium Lime.
- You need 1 of large Tomato.
- It’s 1 of medium Acocado.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cilantro.
- It’s 2 cups of Cheese (shredded).
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken, hearty black beans, sweet corn, fire roasted tomatoes, tangy green chiles, kickin' poblanos, creamy enchilada sauce and aromatic onions and garlic, seasoned to perfection and all topped with crispy, salty. When I see chicken tortilla soup on a restaurant menu, I get excited. There's something about the slightly spicy broth with tender chicken, the corn and black beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and those addictively good tortilla strips on top that I can't resist.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Chop celery and add to pot. Cook until onions are translucent, around 8 minutes..
- Melt butter in large pot on medium heat..
- Chop onion. Add onions and garlic to pot..
- Clean chicken and chop into bite size pieces. Season with salt and black pepper..
- Add chicken, paprika, cumin, and cayenne to pot. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, around 8 minutes..
- Add chicken broth to pot and stir..
- Chop carrots and add to pot..
- Bring soup to a boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Chop onions and cilantro. Mix into soup and boil another 5 minutes..
- Slice lime and squeeze half into soup. Cover and let soup cool for 10 minutes..
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, lime, tomato, avocado and shredded cheese..
Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired. The same is true of chicken tortilla soup. Travel up and down the west coast of North America, and you'll find hundreds of variations of chicken tortilla soup recipe. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer (I like a thick soup so I use two small corn tortillas per person).