Recipe: Tasty Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup
Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup. Discover Tasty Braised Beef Soup Made W/ Chickpeas & Mushrooms. In the drippings, cook beef and onion until meat is browned; drain. Top with beef mixture and bacon.
Every spoonful will warm you from head to toe on cold winter evenings.—Rachel Kohnen, Pomeroy, Iowa A hearty Vegetable Beef Soup with melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked chunks of beef, potato and vegetables simmered in a herb infused savoury broth. You'll love how the broth of this beef soup recipe is slightly thickened so it's like gravy and has extra flavour from a secret ingredient! So many beef soups are watery and dull. You can cook Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup
- It’s 2 cups of chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of small white onion.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion.
- You need 32 ounces of meat spaghetti sauce I used Mids brand.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- You need 1 cup of sliced celery.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white ground pepper.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of smoked bacon.
- You need 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 pound of frozen French fries.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- It’s 1 pint of water.
Add browned beef, water, broth, tomatoes with juices, carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaves and garlic. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until beef is almost tender, about an hour. Add peas and hot sauce to soup. Return the browned vegetables to the pan along with the bacon pieces and bay leaves and thyme.
Beef, Bacon, and Vegetable Soup step by step
- Wash and chop the vegetables..
- Slice the bacon and cook render the fat. Add the pepper. Stir for a minute..
- Add the fennel seeds, French fries, beef, and vegetables, stir coating them all. Add salt, cover and simmer till tender stirring as needed..
- When the vegetables are tender add the garlic give a good stir. Add the sauce. Add the water. Simmer 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Cover the meat and vegetables with vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the minced garlic and saute for a minute longer, to let the flavor develop. Add the rest of the soup ingredients – cauliflower, green beans, canned diced tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning. This Beef Barley Soup is an easy, hearty dinner idea that is loaded with tender chunks of beef, barley and vegetables. It's a healthy meal that is perfect for making ahead for a busy week!