Recipe: Tasty Creamy White Bean Soup
Creamy White Bean Soup. Canned white kidney beans, chicken broth and fresh spinach are used in this flavorful soup. Serve garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Italian White Bean Soup.
I thickened the soup with white beans (half blended and half left whole for texture). For extra creaminess, I also blended in some raw cashews. Pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! You can have Creamy White Bean Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy White Bean Soup
- You need 4 slices of uncooked thick sliced bacon.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each dried thyme, pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 of packed cups roughly torn kale.
Happy new year to you all! Just casually sauntering back in here after a month away, yikes. Hopefully this simple and satisfying recipe makes up for the absence. December was full speed for a month straight.
Creamy White Bean Soup instructions
- Start by dicing up the bacon. The easiest way to do this is to pop the slices in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until it firms up, then take it out and snip it with some sharp kitchen shears. Hands down, this is the easiest way to cut up raw bacon..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is browned and crispy. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a towel lined plate, but leave about 1 tbsp. of the drippings in the pot. Add the celery, onion and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften up, about 5 or so minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the drained beans, broth, cream and seasonings to the pot and give it all a good stir. Let it come up to a low boil. Then reduce the heat down a bit and let everything simmer for about 20 or so minutes. At this point, taste it and add any additional seasonings that you think it needs..
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to give the soup a couple of quick blitzes, until it's your desired consistency. Or you could just blend half the soup in a blender, then stir it back in. Then immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, the cooked bacon and the kale. Once the greens wilt into the soup, you're ready to serve..
I think most of you can relate. White bean soup just got a whole lot easier – and tastier – with GOYA® White Beans in Sauce! Be the first to write a review! This Mediterranean white bean soup is the perfect comfort food for cold winter days. It's a thick hearty soup that's vegan, gluten-free and absolutely tasty!