Easiest Way to Make Tasty Sicilian Chicken Soup
Sicilian Chicken Soup. Chicken Thighs – you want bone-in-skin-on thighs. If you were going to splurge on anything in this recipe, splurge on good quality chicken. Carrabba's copycat recipe for Sicilian Chicken Soup is simple & gorgeous.
The cloves used to make the chicken stock give this simple, pure soup a subtle sweet undertone. Put chicken, onion, celery, carrots, bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes and juices in soup pot. I was never a big genealogy buff, but I did know that I had some Italian in me. You can cook Sicilian Chicken Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sicilian Chicken Soup
- You need 4-5 of chicken tenders.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of celery ribs diced.
- You need 2 of medium russet or red potatoes and diced into ½ inch diced.
- Prepare 14.5 ounces of diced or diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves minced (I use about 7 or 8 cloves).
- You need to taste of Pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 cups of radatorie pasta.
- You need of Seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbs of chicken soup base.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.
I thought that was pretty cool until I discovered I'm not really Italian at all — I'm Sicilian. . . at least a little. Sicilian Seafood Soup With CouscousItalian Food Forever. Broccoli and Chicken Sausage Soup with OrecchieteThe Sea Salt. Sicilian Chicken Soup recipe: This recipe was inspired by Carrabas Mama Mandola's Sicilian Chicken Soup.
Sicilian Chicken Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot place chicken tenders, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes with their juices and then add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Over high heat bring to a boil. Then add your parsley and garlic. 1 tbs salt and pepper..
- Add the 7 seasonings..
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer until chicken is done. Remove chicken and pull apart with forks. Reduce heat to low add the chicken back to the pot and let the soup continue to simmer..
- In a medium saucepan cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside..
- Using a potato masher, mash the soup around a few times, letting some of the potatoes get a little smashed. I just mash 2-3 times and call it good. Add the noodles to the pot, stir well. Add more water if needed. Then add a little more garlic powder, salt and pepper to your taste. Serve hot and add green onions and or shredded cheese to top it off..
Homemade Chicken Cacciatore, Sicilian-Style. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet. How to make Sicilian Chicken Soup Tutorial My favorite soup! Lentil soup is actually the very first dish I learned to cook, and I am still amazed at how easy it is to Add the chicken broth or water and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a very. SICILIAN CHICKEN SOUP – the best copycat recipe!