Sicilian Chicken Soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Carrabba's copycat recipe for Sicilian Chicken Soup is simple & gorgeous. Full of flavor, this will become a family favorite.
Perfect for sick days, cold wintery nights, and every meal in between, this soup can satisfy any and every craving! How to Make Sicilian Chicken Soup. Cover and bring to a boil. You can cook Sicilian Chicken Soup using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sicilian Chicken Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of chicken tenders.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery ribs diced.
- Prepare 2 of medium russet or red potatoes and diced into ½ inch diced.
- Prepare 14.5 ounces of diced or diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves minced (I use about 7 or 8 cloves).
- You need to taste of Pink Himalayan salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of radatorie pasta.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- It’s 2 tbs of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.
Remove chicken and let cool and stand to shred. Add chopped parsley and return the shredded chicken to the soup. Divide soup in half, leave half in the soup pot and puree the other half in a food processor. Add the pureed soup back to the soup pot and stir.
Sicilian Chicken Soup instructions
- In a large soup pot place chicken tenders, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes with their juices and then add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Over high heat bring to a boil. Then add your parsley and garlic. 1 tbs salt and pepper..
- Add the 7 seasonings..
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Let simmer until chicken is done. Remove chicken and pull apart with forks. Reduce heat to low add the chicken back to the pot and let the soup continue to simmer..
- In a medium saucepan cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside..
- Using a potato masher, mash the soup around a few times, letting some of the potatoes get a little smashed. I just mash 2-3 times and call it good. Add the noodles to the pot, stir well. Add more water if needed. Then add a little more garlic powder, salt and pepper to your taste. Serve hot and add green onions and or shredded cheese to top it off..
While the soup is simmering, boil a pot of water and cook the macaroni according to the directions on the bag. Remove the chicken breast, shred in a bowl and place back in the soup pot. Place chicken in a bowl; cover and chill. Strain broth through a sieve into a large bowl; discard solids. Skim solidified fat from surface, and discard.