Recipe: Yummy Mussel Bee Hoon Soup
Mussel Bee Hoon Soup. Fish soup bee hoon, also known as fish head bee hoon, is a Singaporean and Indonesian soup-based seafood dish served hot usually with bee hoon. Whenever I go to Kuala Lumpur for business, I will try my best to go to my favourite stall to have a nice bowl of steaming hot fish head noodles. Because this dish is one of my favourite noodle dishes when I want something soupy.
Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Soup. Sawadee Crab-Cake Burger with Hed Tod. Bee Hun Soup With Some Mussels. You can have Mussel Bee Hoon Soup using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mussel Bee Hoon Soup
- You need of Mussels (1 packet) (has 20+ mussels in the packet).
- Prepare of Shallots.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of White wine.
- You need of Celery.
- Prepare of Chicken stock.
- You need of Bee Hoon (I use 1/4 packet).
Fish soup bee hoon, is a Singaporean soup-based seafood dish, served hot usually with bee hoon. Don't be frightened by the white. This is another one of the popular Singapore hawker foods that I used to eat pretty often when I lived in Singapore. How to make easy xo fish bee hoon soup.
Mussel Bee Hoon Soup instructions
- Soak the bee hoon.
- Chop garlic, shallots, celery to fine pieces..
- In a stockpot or any pot you fancy, melt butter..
- Put in chopped garlic and shallots and fry till fragrant..
- Next, add in the celery. Fry for a while..
- Add in chicken stock. Let it boil..
- In the mean time, in another pot, I cook the bee Hoon in boiling water. Then remove, drained the bee Hoon. Soak it in cool water..
- When your broth starts to boil, add in the mussels. Add in the white wine. Cover lid to cook till the mussels open up..
- Once mussels are ready, add in the bee Hoon..
I didn't make the fish stock from scratch, but this quicker version still yields delicious result. Mussel soup has a rich tomato based broth, with wine, garlic and fresh parsley. Here is how to make Bee Hoon Soup. Kikkoman Cookbook mainly introduces Japanese dishes using Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Easily search for various recipes for fried, stewed and other foods.