Recipe: Yummy Cream of celery soup
Cream of celery soup. Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot. Secondly, the reviewer was correct in the fact that the Campbell Company is pretty skimpy of the celery bits in this one.
I use this soup, along with several other varieties of condensed soups for cooking. Puree soup in a blender or food processor in batches until completely smooth. Pour through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. You can have Cream of celery soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of celery soup
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 cups of celery cut in small pieces.
- You need 2 cups of boiling water.
- It’s 1 slice of onion.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Celery salt.
- You need of Paprika.
Return soup to pan; stir, and season with salt. In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. In a large sauce pan, melt butter, add celery, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium low heat until soft.
Cream of celery soup step by step
- After cooking celery in stock and water until soft press through sieve..
- Scald onion in milk then remove onion add above mixture flour mixed to paste with little milk then cream and seasoning.
- Heat in double boiler top with little whipped cream when serving.
Delia's Cream of Celery Soup recipe. Originally, the older varieties of so-called 'dirty' celery from the flat, black-earthed Fenlands of East Anglia had a short season – from October to January. If you're lucky enough to find some to use in this soup, there is much washing to do, but the flavour is exceptional, particularly after a light frost, when it's sweetest of all. Making cream of celery soup from scratch was prompted by an excess of celery in my house. I recently joined an organic vegetable co-op and ordering from it, it took some adjustments on my end.