How to Make Delicious Beefy Mac & Cheese Soup
Beefy Mac & Cheese Soup. In a large, deep skillet, cook the ground beef on medium heat, breaking up into small pieces with your spatula. Cook until the beef is rare, or some of the beef bits are still pink. Beefy Macaroni If you like to brown a few pounds of ground beef at one time to have it ready for all kinds of dishes, you'll enjoy this recipe from Edie Farm of Farmington, New Mexico.
A nutritious and delicious meal fit all, made with tender beef, macaroni noodles, and a creamy cheese sauce. HORMEL COMPLEATS meals make a great easy dinner and are perfect for any quick meals, with little prep needed or clean-up required. This tastes so much better than any canned or frozen Beef-A-Roni, and it's so easy to make! You can have Beefy Mac & Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beefy Mac & Cheese Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth (I use low sodium).
- It’s 8 oz of elbow macaroni (or other small macaroni type pasta).
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 4 oz of cream cheese – softened, cubed.
- It’s 3 cups of sharp cheddar – freshly shredded.
- You need to taste of additional salt and pepper.
This recipe makes a lot and I freeze individual portions for quick lunches/dinners down the road. If you don't want such a large quantity, the recipe is easily halved. This is the perfect family meal. I mean to tell you…when I think of weeknight suppers for busy families, this is what I think about.
Beefy Mac & Cheese Soup step by step
- Heat a 4 quart pot over medium heat. Add butter, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Crumble and cook until just brown. Do not drain..
- Add chicken broth to pot. Bring to a boil. As soon as it boils stir in macaroni. Cover and boil 10 minutes, stirring once or twice. While macaroni cooks wisk milk, flour, and cayenne together in a large bowl..
- When time is up stir milk mixture into pot. Bring soup back to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking and clumping. Once simmering, gently stir constantly until soup appears to thicken slightly. About 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream cheese until fully melted (this will take about 5 minutes of constant stirring). Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheddar one cup at a time, fully melting each addition before adding the next..
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed (I usually add more salt and pepper). Serve with garlic bread for dipping and/or a crisp side salad. Enjoy!.
A quick and hearty casserole served family style. We just added a big Caesar salad to our table and dinner was done. This Beefy Mac and Cheese is now a family favorite with no leftovers to clean up. You can definitely make this recipe without the hot links. But I don't know why you would.