Thai Butternut Squash Soup.
You can have Thai Butternut Squash Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced (1 Tbsp).
- You need 1 Tbsp of peeled and minced ginger.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of Thai red curry paste.
- You need 5 cups of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (2 1/2 lb) of butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of (full fat) coconut milk, divided.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped honey roasted or unsalted peanuts, for serving.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, for serving.
- You need of Red pepper flakes, for serving (optional).
Thai Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes then add garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute. Add Thai red curry paste and saute 1 more minute..
- Stir in chicken broth, while scrapping bottom of pan. Add squash and sugar and season with salt to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until squash is very soft, about 15 – 20 minutes..
- Stir in 2/3 cup coconut milk and lime juice. Puree soup with an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender, filling it no more than half full and covering blender with lid and removing lids center insert and covering with a folded kitchen towel)..
- Season with more salt as needed. Serve warm topping each serving with additional coconut milk, peanuts, cilantro and red pepper flakes..