Recipe: Appetizing Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup. I tried this recipe, and it essentially mimics any cabbage roll filling. Don't put Campbell's soup in this. Instead, take a can of tomato paste and add water to your liking to taste.
Heat a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Easy Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe; Easy Unstuffed Cabbage Soup Recipe; My three year old has really been into soup lately. I'm not sure if it's because of the cooler weather or the fact that she just likes to sip her food. You can cook Unstuffed Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic OR 2 tsp garlic powder.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need of Dollop tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 1 of small head of cabbage, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of or so water or 1 can beef broth.
It's really tough when you have picky eaters. When I was growing up, we just ate what we were given. Add the onions and sweat until translucent. This cabbage roll soup has all the same flavors as classic baked cabbage rolls, but with way less work!
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup instructions
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion, do not drain.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce and paste, uncooked rice, cabbage, salt and pepper and enough water and/or broth to just cover the cabbage.
- Bring to simmer then cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cabbage has softened and rice is tender.
- You may add more water or broth if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and get ready to serve seconds! LoL.
This unstuffed cabbage soup is hearty, filling and the perfect choice for an easy dinner option. If you love cabbage rolls, but don't love all the work involved, this quick cooking cabbage soup is for you! In a large skillet, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.