Recipe: Tasty Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Try This Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe With Just A Few Ingredients For A Tasty Meal. Delicious & Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Made With Ground Beef, Rice, & Italian Seasoning. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is adapted from one of our FAVORITE slow cooker cookbooks, Gooseberry Patch's Slow Cooker Christmas Favorites; We toss the rice in at the beginning of cooking, however some reader prefer to wait until the end.
Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready for dinner when you get home. While this soup is richly flavored and oh-so delicious on its own, a slice of crusty garlic bread would make for an excellent companion. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. You can cook Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- Prepare of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
All the flavors of your favorite stuffed peppers with half the effort. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup takes all the effort out of making stuffed peppers and the results are, dare I say better than the original? Stuffed peppers, but in soup form. This stuffed pepper soup is easy, hearty, and packed with flavor.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
After browning ground beef, onions, red and green peppers, and garlic on the stove, transfer everything to your slow cooker where it simmers away in a tomatoey broth. Return skillet to heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. Place beef and onions in slow cooker, then add in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, rice and bell peppers. Season with oregano and basil and add in bay leaf. This tasty Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup has both stove top and slow cooker instructions!