How to Make Perfect Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup. Remove cinnamon, anise, and ginger; discard. Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain. This Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe makes an easy, Asian-style meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Pour in broth, carrots, and celery and bring to a boil. These spicy ramen bowls are insanely good! Paul and I basically licked our bowls clean and I've made this soup twice more since then. You can have Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Prepare 3 C of beef stock, low sodium.
- You need 1 C of water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sambal oelek, or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1 bottle of clam juice, 8oz.
- You need 1 oz of dried shiitake mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1 piece of ginger, 1" and peeled.
- It’s 1 of star anise, (I didn't have one).
- Prepare 1 of # shrimp, large, peeled and deveined.
- You need 4 oz of uncooked rice noodles.
- Prepare 1/2 C of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 C of cut green onions.
- Prepare 1/4 C of cilantro, fresh.
- Prepare of Lime wedges, on side if desired.
I'm a wee bit addicted to say the least! Feel free to keep things mild with just a dash of Sriracha or embrace the heat by adding extra, the spice level is up to you! This Thai shrimp noodle soup is full of so many great Thai flavors – lots of ginger, refreshing lime leaf and lemongrass, creamy coconut milk, noodles to warm up your soul and a handful of shrimp for protein. Like all my favorite flavors in one!!
Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup step by step
- Combine first 11 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 12 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Remove cinnamon, anise and ginger; discard. Cook noodles according to package; drain. Place 1/2C noodles in each of 4 bowls and top each serving with 1C soup mixture and around 5 shrimp. Sprinkle with even amounts of sprouts, onions, cilantro and basil. Serve. Lime wedges on side if desired..
- Sambal oelek is hot sauce or paste from chile peppers. Substitute star anise with 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice powder..
The best part about this soup is that it is super quick to prepare. Easy Shrimp Noodle Soup Chinese Style Shirmp noodle soup is a light, filling and satiating Chinese style soup with lots of bok choy. Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Devein shrimp and remove the shell. Slice the shrimp in half length-wise.