Recipe: Delicious Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF
Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF. If you love cabbage rolls, but don't love all the work involved, this quick cooking cabbage roll soup is for you! All the tasty ingredients of cabbage rolls are found in this hearty soup, without all the preparation. Reviews for: Photos of Cabbage Roll Soup.
Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. You asked for it and here it is. THE BEST HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS EVER in all their ooey gooey from-scratch deliciousness! You can cook Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cups of cabbage, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled, quartered, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orzo.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare of (3) 8 oz. cans tomato sauce.
Cabbage Roll Soup is perfect for people who love to eat Cabbage Rolls, but don't have the time (or patience) to make them. This week I'm participating in the Food Bloggers Challenge! I was tasked to create a recipe using the feature ingredient of the week. I love stuffed cabbage rolls, but let's admit it — they are a pain to make.
Pat Slovacek's Cabbage Roll Soup FUSF instructions
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and season with salt and pepper..
- Brown sausage, break into small pieces (4-5 minutes). Add onion and garlic, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Add cabbage, carrots, beef broth, tomato sauce, orzo, bay leaf, and brown sugar. Stir until all ingredients are combined..
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes or until orzo is tender. Remove bay leaf..
- Add a dash of fresh parsley and serve..
It usually involves cooking cabbage leaves first, so you either need to boil a whole cabbage or cut individual leaves off and boil them That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Roll mixture in cabbage leaves, place. for sauce like gravy if needed. Brown the beef with onion soup mix. Pat cut up cabbage in a large baking dish;. over beef.